Sunday, February 14, 2016

Hack to Hero: The Journey Takes Shape

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'd first like to start by sincerely apologizing for keeping you folks out of the loop for so long -- the last 10-12 days have been incredibly busy for Heather and I and I am just now getting time to get back where I belong -- behind a keyboard.

Despite my lack of communication with you, I have been making slow but steady progress in my journey to Erin Hills and, God willing, the 2017 U.S. Open. The last two weeks may have been busy, but they've also been quite exciting.

First, I'd like to announce that I have partnered with a "wellness guru" named John Murphy to help me me achieve my goals. There will be plenty more on and from John in the near future on this blog and from me.

One thing you will see in the very near future is that John is the perfect match for me and my journey for a number of reasons, but none more important than the transformation he made himself a couple short years ago.

Second, Heather and I have both been doing extensive research looking for the best diet/nutrition plan for us and believe we have found our book -- "The All-Day Fat-Burning Diet" by Yuri Elkaim -- to follow.

Honestly, I haven't done too much of the reading -- yet -- but Heather has already seen results and enjoys the judgement free attitude and leisurely pace at which Elkaim allows you to go. For my journey, obviously, there isn't much time -- but there is some.

This may sound silly, but considering that changing my body is almost a secondary goal, I'm admittedly more concerned about my golf game than my body. Seeing pros like Jason Dufner and Carl Pettersson go through quick, extreme changes in their physique and subsequently struggle mightily with their games soon there after.

I, obviously, do not have the luxury of ending up in this situation, so I'm more than content for the body transformation to be more gradual than abrupt.

So far, it's been a little more than three full weeks since I began this journey and I've already lost three pounds -- not a lot, but it's a good start. I've only played one round of golf (living in New England is tough) but have spent hours practicing my putting in the apartment! So at least I'm doing something.

And since I've lost a little weight already, I wanted to make sure ya'll have a reference point at the end of this journey, so below I've included -- reluctantly -- the ubiquitous "before" bathroom selfie photo. Not that I'm ashamed of my body, but I feel bad that you have to look at it:



Sorry about that...

Until next time, duffers!

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment